Sunday, April 7, 2013

Work Out Woes: How to Motivate Yourself

I recently devised a plan to motivate myself to achieve two goals: get in better shape, and acquire the new iPad Mini (so cute!) before graduation (May 4th).

As an economics major, the idea of incentives is always hammered into my brain. I'm shocked that it took this long for me to actually apply the concept to my own life!

Here's the agreement that I made with myself:
1) For every mile run, I award myself $10
2) For every mile ran after the first mile, I get 1.25 x 10 x # of miles ran.
3) For every pound lost, I get $50.

The numbers may seem large, but since I'm going out of town for two weekends,  I really only have 22 days to earn as much money as possible. I chose the numbers based off of the cost of an iPad Mini, the amount of days I have before graduation, and the amount of money I have to put aside. If you're planning on doing a similar workout agreement with yourself, I'd advise coming up with your own numbers based off of the length of the challenge and the amount of money you are are able to give yourself.

I'll upload my progress photos when the challenge is complete! Wish me luck and please let me know if you've tried something similar and if it worked for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment